Housing Application Information for Residential Year 2022-23 (Continuing RPg)
Housing Application Period: 14 April 2022 - 3 May 2022
- Housing Admission Criteria for RPg
- Overview of University Housing for RPg
- Self-Arranged Off-Campus Accommodation Options
ACCOMMODATION ARRANGEMENT in 2022-23:
The University will keep close monitoring of the pandemic situation. The number of hall places to be allocated will be reviewed from the public health and safety perspectives in a timely manner. In view of the pandemic situation, successful applicants in the Residential Year 2022-23 who are current residents in Spring 2022 are likely to be allocated to their current bedspace unless maintenance work is required. The room preference indicated by the applicants will be deliberated ONLY when the COVID measures will be lifted before early June 2022.
Students who are required to undergo compulsory quarantine as required by the HK government MUST make their own quarantine arrangement to complete the self-quarantine before checking into on-campus accommodation for Residential Year 2022-23. Upon check in, you are required to present relevant documents such as passport together with air-ticket, train tickets or quarantine orders issued by the Department of Health for our verification. Please note that failing to do so may cause delay or denial of check-in. Hall charges are calculated for the assigned residential period irrespective of check-in date. FAQs on COVID-19 housing arrangement can be found here.
As the new UG Hall construction project located behind GGT is in progress, applicants are reminded that there will be dust and noise disturbances generating from the new project aforementioned nearby GGT in daytime.
Moreover, a new environmental friendly pivot project (Smart Meter Project) will be activated in GGT in the Residential Year 2022-23. Utility charge of GGT will be charged according to consumption. Details will be announced in due course.
POINTS TO NOTE:
- Application is only available once a year and there will not be new round of applications for student accommodation for 2022-23. Students who wish to be considered, including those who are currently taking leave/plan to take leave from study are required to submit their applications during the application period regardless of their current registration status.
- Applications are not on first-come-first-served basis; all applications received within the application period will be processed together.
- Online system for applications and acceptance of hall offers is closed automatically by the respective deadlines. Late submission of applications / late acceptance of hall offers will not be considered. Only submissions successfully recorded in the online system will be considered and processed.
- After a student has submitted the hall application, the information on the online system cannot be changed. If applicants wish to change the reported information, they should write to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. No changes will be considered after the application deadline.
- After an applicant with a housing offer has submitted the acceptance form, the information on the online system cannot be changed. If applicants would like to change the decision, they should write to email@example.com with reasons for consideration before the acceptance deadline. No change will be considered after the deadline.
- All applicants must provide accurate and complete information provided in the hall application. Provision of inaccurate or incomplete information may lead to disqualification of the application and disciplinary action.
All housing offers are normally on yearly basis.
Successful applicants who receive a full year housing offer but wish to take up only 1-term of student accommodation should write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for such adjustment AFTER accepting the housing offer.
|Residential Terms||Periods (both nights inclusive)|
|Full Residential Year 2022-23||15 August 2022 - 31 July 2023|
|Fall Term 2022||15 August 2022 - 15 January 2023|
|Spring Term 2023||18 January 2023 - 31 July 2023|
Students are required to arrange other sources of accommodation on their own before and after the offered residence. No requests for short term stay, early check-in, or late check-out will be entertained.
|Online Housing Application||14 April 2022 - 3 May 2022|
|Release of Housing Application Results||Late May 2022|
|Online Acceptance of Housing Offer||Late May 2022|
There are no building preferences but only room type preferences in the housing application:
|Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower#||Double Room|
|University Apartments||Single Room in 4-person apartment|
|Single Room in 5-person apartment|
|Double Room in 5-person apartment|
|SKCC Hall||Single Room|
# As the new UG Hall construction project located behind GGT is in progress, applicants are reminded that there will be dust and noise disturbances generating from the new project aforementioned nearby GGT in daytime.
# A new environmental friendly pivot project (Smart Meter Project) will be activated in GGT in the Residential Year 2022-23. Utility charge of GGT will be charged according to consumption.
^ Other room type preference in housing application will only be considered if application from room for married couple is unsuccessful.
Due to the pandemic, social distancing is one of deliberations on room allocation. Successful applicants who are current residents in Spring 2022 are likely to be allocated to their current bedspaces unless maintenance work is required. The room preference indicated by the applicants will be deliberated ONLY when the COVID measures are lifted before June 2022.
Any of the room preferences indicated by applicants serve as a reference only. Room allocation is done on random basis. In case the demand is greater than the supply and preferences indicated will be considered as far as possible and subject to availability.
There is NO GUARANTEE that you will be assigned to a particular student hall, room type or with a specific roommate. Final room assignment is subject to room availability. Student Housing and Residential Life Office and the Residence Master reserve the right to make alternative assignment decisions or re-assign students as appropriate.
14 April 2022 08:00 (HKT) to 3 May 2022 23:59 (HKT)
[For request to change submitted information, write to email@example.com within the application period; No changes will be considered after the application deadline.]
Students who do not submit the housing application within this application period will NOT be considered for student accommodation for the ENTIRE Residential Year 2022-23.
Applicants shall receive an email acknowledgement generated from the online application system after he/she has successfully submitted an online hall application. In case the student does not receive the e-mail acknowledgment, please contact the Student Housing and Residential Life Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately before the application deadline.
Housing Application Results (e.g. housing offers for successful applicants, notifications for waitlisted / rejected applicants, etc.) will be announced in late May 2022 and such result will be sent to applicants' HKUST ITSC email addresses.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to check with the Student Housing and Residential Life Office either in person or write to email@example.com if they do not receive any notifications by late May 2022.
Applicants who receive a housing offer will receive a system generated housing offer acceptance notification email one day after the Housing Offer Letters are sent. They are required to follow instructions to confirm their acceptance of offer online within 4 calendars days. Failure to complete the online acceptance by the deadline will result in cancellation of housing offer without further notification.
Due to the pandemic, social distancing is considered when room allocation is deliberated. Applicants who are in their 3rd year or above in their HKUST RPg career as defined in the Admission Criteria are very likely NOT to be offered a bedspace in 2022-23.
When there are available bed spaces at a later stage, we will contact you by email with more information on the room availability and arrangements. Please note that we will only know if we have vacant bed spaces available by Late July 2022 the earliest.
If you intend to check out earlier than the last day of your residential period stated previously, you are required to submit written notification to SHRLO at least ONE MONTH before your desired move out date.
For check-out before the last day of offered stated previously, the last month's hall fee will be calculated as follows:
- Residents have to pay half of the monthly hall fee if they check out at any time on or before 12 noon on the 16th of the month; otherwise,
- Residents shall pay a full month's hall fee if they check out at any time after 12 noon on the 16th of the month.
If students are interested in living outside of HKUST campus, they may approach the Off-Campus Housing Section of the Student Housing and Residential Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Information on off-campus accommodation is also available online and students are suggested to read the rental tips at here.