Housing Application Information for Residential Year 2021-22 (Continuing RPg)
Housing Application Period: 16 April 2021 - 2 May 2021
Residential Period: 13 August 2021 - 31 July 2022
- Housing Admission Criteria for RPg
- Overview of University Housing for RPg
- Self-Arranged Off-Campus Accommodation Options
ACCOMMODATION ARRANGEMENT in 2021-22:
The University will keep close monitoring of the pandemic situation. The number of hall places to be allocated will be reviewed from the public health and safety perspectives in a timely manner. Successful applicants in the Residential Year 2021-22 (13 August 2021 - 31 July 2022) who are current residents in Spring 2021 are likely to be allocated to their current bedspace subject to availability. The room preference indicated by the applicants will be deliberated ONLY when the COVID measures will be lifted before early June 2021.
According to the latest University's policy, all student accommodation is NOT available for undertaking self-quarantine to minimize health risks. Students can find more details on the latest news of the University on COVID-19 at here. Students who are returning to Hong Kong and who are required to undergo compulsory quarantine by the HKSAR Government must arrange their own compulsory self-quarantine before checking in to on-campus accommodation. For details, students can find the government's inbound regulation at here. Upon check in, you are required to present relevant documents such as passport together with air-ticket, train tickets or quarantine orders issued by the Department of Health for our verification. Please note that failing to do so may result in your check-in either being denied or delayed. Hall charges are calculated for the assigned residential period irrespective of check-in date.
As the new UG Hall construction project located behind GGT has commenced, applicants are reminded that there will be dust and noise disturbances generating from the aforementioned project near GGT.
Moreover, a new environmental friendly pivot project (Smart Meter Project) will be activated in GGT in the Residential Year 2021-22 (13 August 2021 - 31 July 2022). Electricity charge in student bedroom of GGT will be charged according to consumption. Details will be announced in due course.
In addition, couple room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments will be converted to single room in 4-person apartment in the Residential Year 2021-22 (13 August 2021 - 31 July 2022). Successful applicants opting for couple room will be allocated to couple room in GGT.
POINTS TO NOTE:
- Provision of false / inaccurate information may lead to disqualification and cancellation of the housing applications and associated offers and further disciplinary actions.
- Application is only available once a year and there will not be new round of applications for student accommodation for 2021-22; students who wish to apply for any residential periods in 2021-22 (e.g. Fall Term 2021(13 August 2021 - 15 January 2021); Spring Term 2022(18 January 2021 - 31 July 2022 only) or have unconfirmed plans yet shall consider submitting the application form within the announced application period.
- All applications received during the application period are processed together and NOT on first-come-first-served basis.
- Online system for applications and acceptance of housing offers shuts down sharply after deadline; any actions on submission of application / acceptance form could not be recorded by the system after the system shuts down even though the student has logged-in to the system before the deadline.
- Only application / acceptance forms successfully recorded in the online system will be considered and processed.
- Upon successful submission of application / acceptance form in the online system, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the email address(es) provided by the applicant; those who do not receive an acknowledgement email should consider their submission of form NOT successful (e.g. late submission, etc.).
All housing offers are in term / yearly basis.
Successful applicants who receive a full year housing offer but wish to take up only 1-term of student accommodation should write to email@example.com to request for such adjustment AFTER accepting the housing offer.
|Residential Terms||Periods (both nights inclusive)|
|Full Residential Year 2021-22||13 August 2021 - 31 July 2022|
|Fall Term 2021||13 August 2021 - 15 January 2022|
|Spring Term 2022||18 January 2022 - 31 July 2022|
Students are required to arrange other sources of accommodation on their own before and after the offered residence. No requests for short term stay, early check-in, or late check-out will be entertained.
|Online Housing Application||16 April 2021 - 2 May 2021|
|Release of Housing Application Results||Late May 2021|
|Online Acceptance of Housing Offer||Late May 2021|
There are no building preferences but only room type preferences in the housing application:
- Single Room in 4-person apartment in University Apartments
- Single Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments
- Double Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments
- Double Room in Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower
- Couple Room in Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower^
- Single Room in Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower
- Single Room in SKCC Hall
^ Other room type preference in housing application will only be considered if application from room for married couple is unsuccessful.
Couple room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments will be converted to single room in 4-person apartment in the Residential Year 2021-22 (13 August 2021 - 31 July 2022). Successful applicants opting for couple room will be allocated to couple room in GGT.
Due to the pandemic, social distancing is one of deliberations on room allocation. Successful applicants who are current residents in Spring 2021 (18 January 2022-31 July 2022) are likely to be allocated to their current bedspaces subject to availability. The room preference indicated by the applicants will be deliberated ONLY when the COVID measures will be lifted before early June 2021.
Any of the room preferences indicated by applicants serve as a reference only. Room allocation is done on random basis in case the demand is greater than the supply and preferences indicated will be considered as far as possible subject to availability.
There is NO GUARANTEE that you will be assigned to a particular student hall, room type or with a specific roommate. Final room assignment is subject to room availability. Student Housing and Residential Life Office and the Residence Master reserve the right to make alternative assignment decisions or re-assign students as appropriate.
8am on 16 April 2021 to 11:59pm on 2 May 2021 (HK Time)
[Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org within the application period for request to change any of the submitted information; requests are subject to approval]
Means of Application
https://www.ab.ust.hk/applyhall > "Click here to submit application for Regular Residential Year"
Students who fail to submit the housing application within this application period will NOT be considered for student accommodation for the ENTIRE Residential Year 2021-22.
Housing Application Results (e.g. housing offers for successful applicants, notifications for waitlisted / rejected applicants, etc.) will be announced in late May 2021 and such result will be sent to applicants' HKUST ITSC email addresses.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to check with the Student Housing and Residential Life Office either in person or write to email@example.com if they do not receive any notifications by late May 2021.
Applicants who receive a housing offer will receive a system generated housing offer acceptance notification email the day after the Housing Offer Letters are sent and they are required to follow instructions to confirm their acceptance of offer online within 4 days. Failure to complete the online acceptance by the deadline will result in cancellation of housing offer without prior notification.
Due to the pandemic, social distancing is considered when room allocation is deliberated. Applicants who are in their 3rd year or above keep their HKUST RPg career as defined in the Admission Criteria are very likely NOT to be offered a bedspace in the Residential Year 2021-22 (13 August 2021 - 31 July 2022).
When there are available bed spaces at a later stage, we will contact you by email with more information on the room availability and arrangements. Please note that we will only know if we have vacant bed spaces available by Late July 2021 the earliest.
If you intend to check out earlier than the last day of your residential period stated previously, you are required to submit written notification to SHRLO at least ONE MONTH before your desired move out date.
For check-out before the last day of offered stated previously, the last month's hall fee will be calculated as follows:
- Residents have to pay half of the monthly hall fee if they check out at any time on or before 12 noon on the 16th of the month; otherwise,
- Residents shall pay a full month's hall fee if they check out at any time after 12 noon on the 16th of the month.
If students are interested in living outside of HKUST campus, they may approach the Off-Campus Housing Section of the Student Housing and Residential Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Information on off-campus accommodation is also available online and students are suggested to read the rental tips at here.