Housing Application Information for Residential Year 2020/21 (Continuing RPG)
Housing Application Period: 17 April 2020 - 1 May 2020
- Housing Admission Criteria for RPG
- Overview of University Housing for RPG
- Self-Arranged Off-Campus Accommodation Options
ACCOMMODATION ARRANGEMENT in 2020/21:
A new PG Hall, namely Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower (GGT), is available for application now. However, its move-in date is subject to the permission of the relevant government departments. Therefore, successful applicants would be assigned to a temporary bedspace in the existing PG Halls and relocate to GGT in due course.
Meanwhile, Tower C of University Apartment will be returned to the University for other purpose when GGT has commenced. All the residents of Tower C will be relocated to GGT in due course.
The relocation period for moving to GGT will be announced as soon as possible, end of Fall Term 2020 at the latest.
In addition, a new UG Hall construction project located behind GGT will start from the 1st quarter in 2021 the latest. Applicants are reminded that there will be dust and noise disturbances generating from the new project aforementioned nearby GGT in daytime.
Moreover, the residential periods are tentative only, subject to the confirmation of the University Academic Calendar 2020/21. The University will keep close monitoring of the pandemic situation. The number of hall places to be allocated would be reviewed from the public health and safety perspectives in a timely manner.
According to the latest University's policy, all student accommodations are NOT available for undertaking self-quarantine to minimize health risks. Students who are returning to Hong Kong from overseas therefore must arrange your own 14-day compulsory self-quarantine before checking in to on-campus accommodation for the Residential Year 2020/21. Upon check in, you are required to present relevant documents such as passport together with air-ticket, train tickets or quarantine orders issued by the Department of Health for our verification. Please note failing to do so may cause your check-in either being denied or delayed.
POINTS TO NOTE:
- Provision of false / inaccurate information may lead to disqualification and cancellation of the housing applications and associated offers and further disciplinary actions.
- Application is only available for once a year and there will not be new round of applications for student accommodation for 2020/21; students who wish to apply for any residential periods in 2020/21 (e.g. Spring Term 2021 only) or have unconfirmed plans yet shall consider submitting the application form within the announced application period.
- Applications are not on first-come-first-served basis; all applications received during the application period are processed together.
- Online system for applications and acceptance of housing offers shuts down sharply after deadline; any actions on submission of application / acceptance form could not be recorded by the system after the system shuts down even the student logged-in to the system before the deadline.
- Only application / acceptance forms successfully recorded in the online system will be considered and processed.
- Upon successful submission of application / acceptance form in the online system, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the email address(es) provided by the applicant; those who do not receive an acknowledgement email may consider submission of form NOT successful (e.g. late submission, etc.).
All housing offers are in term / yearly basis.
Successful applicants who receive a full year housing offer but wish to take up only 1-term of student accommodation may write to email@example.com to request for such adjustment AFTER accepting the housing offer.
|Residential Terms||Periods (both nights inclusive)|
|Full Residential Year 2020/21||21 August 2020 - 31 July 2021 (To be confirmed)|
|Fall Term 2020||21 August 2020 - 15 January 2021 (To be confirmed)|
|Spring Term 2021||18 January 2021 - 31 July 2021|
Students are required to arrange other sources of accommodation on their own before and after the offered residence. No requests for short term stay, early check-in, or late check-out will be entertained.
|Online Housing Application||17 April 2020 - 1 May 2020|
|Release of Housing Application Results||Late May 2020|
|Online Acceptance of Housing Offer||Late May 2020|
There are no building preferences but only room type preferences in the housing application:
- Single Room in 4-person apartment in University Apartments
- Single Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments#
- Couple Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments^
- Double Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments
- Double Room in Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower*
- Single Room in Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower*
- Single Room in SKCC Hall
# There are 20 4-room apartments in Towers A and B, each with 1 room for married couples & 3 single rooms. These 20 rooms for couples & 60 single rooms in 5-person apartments are with mixed gender arrangements. Applicants who opt for the "Single Room in 5-person apartment in University Apartments" may indicate that they also wish to be considered in such single room in 5-person mixed gender apartment in "Section D: Other Information" of the online housing application.
^ Other room type preference in housing application will only be considered if application from room for married couple is unsuccessful.
* Successful applicants who are assigned to Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower (GGT) may relocate from a temporarily bedspace in the University Apartments or SKCC Hall to GGT in due course.
Any of the room preferences indicated by applicants serve as a reference only. Room allocation is done on random basis in case demand greater than supply and preferences indicated will be considered as far as possible subject to availability.
8am, 17 April 2020 - 11:59pm, 1 May 2020 (HK Time)
[for request in change of submitted information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org within the application period; requests are subject to approval]
Housing Offer Acceptance Period (for successful applicants)
Housing offer acceptance period provides after the announcement of application result in late May 2020
Means of Application & Acceptance of Housing Offer
https://www.ab.ust.hk/applyhall > "Click here to submit application for Regular Residential Year"
Students who fail to submit the housing application within this application period will NOT be considered for student accommodation for the ENTIRE Residential Year 2020/21.
Applicants who receive a housing offer will receive a system generated housing offer acceptance notification email the day after the Housing Offer Letters are sent and they are required to follow instructions to confirm their acceptance of offer online within 4 days. Failure to complete the online acceptance by the deadline will result in cancellation of housing offer without prior notification.
Housing Application Results (e.g. housing offers for successful applicants, notifications for waitlisted / rejected applicants, etc.) will be announced in late May 2020 and such result will be sent to applicants' HKUST ITSC email addresses.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to check with the Student Housing and Residential Life Office either in person or write to email@example.com if they do not receive any notifications by late May 2020.
Applicants who are their 3rd year or above of their HKUST RPG career as defined in the Admission Criteria are very likely NOT to be offered a bedspace in 2020/21. Applicants who do not receive a housing offer for the Residential Year 2020/21 on late May 2020 will be further considered ONLY when GGT is ready.
If you intend to check out earlier than the last day of your residential period stated previously, you are required to submit written notification to SHRLO at least ONE MONTH before your desired move out date.
For check-out before the last day of offered stated previously, the last month's hall fee will be calculated as follows:
- Residents have to pay half of the monthly hall fee if they check out at any time on or before 12 noon on the 16th of the month; otherwise,
- Residents shall pay a full month's hall fee if they check out at any time after 12 noon on the 16th of the month.