To ensure a smooth check in process, please follow the instructions below.
The earliest date and time that hall residents can check in is after 2pm on the first day of their hall offer period. Any early check-in requests will not be entertained.
Residents should check in directly at the Hall / Management Office of the hall assigned. The Hall / Management Office has staff on duty 24 hours each day EXCEPT for The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Jockey Club Hall ("Jockey Club Hall") * and they can help you check in any time upon your arrival.
Residents who are unable to check in within 7 days from the commencement date of the hall offer period are required to inform the Student Housing and Residential Life Office of their late check-in date by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to check in within the aforementioned period without prior notification will result in cancellation of offered hall place.
Please follow the following procedures to ensure an efficient check-in process; failure to follow these steps may delay check-in.
- It is a must to check-in in person at the Hall / Management Office of the assigned hall.
Authorized check-in is NOT allowed.
- Bring along 2 passport size photo for the check-in documents.
Students without passport size photo will not be allowed to check in.
- Present HKUST Student ID card to the Hall Attendants. #
- Obtain a registration card, complete it and return it to the Hall Attendants immediately.
- Obtain room key and complete necessary documents.
- Obtain a copy of Resident Handbook and a Check-in/Check-out Inventory List.
- Check the conditions of all the furniture, equipment and items listed in the Inventory List and report any damage to our Hall Attendants immediately. You will be held responsible for any damage found later on if you fail to report it to our Hall Attendants during check-in.
* Check-in time for students assigned to Jockey Club Hall is from 8:45am to 7pm and 7:30pm to 10:30pm daily (ie. the opening hours of the Management Office of Jockey Club Hall)
# New students without HKUST Student ID card before program registartion may show other personal identification documents (eg. passport) at check-in
|UG Hall I||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall I|
|UG Hall II||Hall Office, 11/F, UG Hall II|
|UG Hall III||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall III|
|UG Hall IV||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall V|
|UG Hall V||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall V|
|UG Hall VI||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall VI|
|UG Hall VII||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall VII|
|UG Hall VIII||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall VIII|
|UG Hall IX||Hall Office, G/F, UG Hall IX|
|Jockey Club Hall
(in Tseung Kwan O)
|Management Office, G/F, Jockey Club Hall|
Locations of the on-campus UG Halls are available in the university campus map (online PDF).
Location of the Jockey Club Hall is available here.
|Types of Students||Latest Check-out Date|
13 January 2021 (Fall Term 2020)
4 June 2021 (Residential Year 20/21 and Spring Term 2021)
4 January 2021 (Fall Term 2020)
4 June 2021 (Spring Term 2021)
Note: Residents should remove all their belongings and check out of the student hall IN PERSON before 12noon on their latest check-out date. An email on "Check-out Reminder" will be sent to you before the end of the residence.
1. Late Check-out Requests will not be considered
If you fail to vacate your room on your latest check-out date, Hall Attendants will clear all belongings found inside the room without further notice and neither the University nor the Hall Management will be responsible for any loss or damage of personal properties arising from such action. A fixed penalty of HK$100 per person night will be levied on those who fail to check out on time in addition to the hall charges incurred on daily basis. The cut off time is 12noon.
If you do not sign on the check-out record and/or return the room key/key card upon check-out, you will still be considered as not checked out yet and late check-out penalty applies until you have completed the check-out procedures.
2. Check-out Procedures
You are required to return the room key/key card & its holder AND sign on the check-out record IN PERSON at the Hall Office/Management Office of the hall that you are residing in when you check out. Any piece of lost key and key holder will be charged at HK$80 each and HK$10 each respectively.