Housing Application Period: 12 June 2020 - 8 July 2020 (To be confirmed)
ACCOMMODATION ARRANGEMENT in 2020/21:
A new PG Hall, namely Jockey Club Global Graduate Tower (GGT), is available for application now. However, its move-in date is subject to the permission of the relevant government departments. Therefore, successful applicants would be assigned to a temporary on-campus bedspace in the existing PG Halls and relocate to GGT once it is ready.
Meanwhile, Tower C of University Apartment will be returned to the University for other purpose; hence, Tower C will no longer be available as student residence.
In addition, a new UG Hall construction project located behind GGT will start from the 3rd quarter in 2020. Applicants are reminded that there will be dust and noise disturbances generated from the new project nearby GGT during daytime.
For new students who are assigned hall places in the 2020-21 residential year, as soon as the admissions are confirmed and visa is granted, Office of Postgraduate Studies (PGSO) will inform new RPg students about their quarantine arrangment in the University managed facilities either on or off-campus. After completion of the quarantine, the University will arrange check-in to their designated hall or a transitional hall as necessary. For self-quarantine arrangement, please contact PGSO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POINTS TO NOTE:
- Provision of false / inaccurate information may lead to disqualification and cancellation of the housing applications and associated offers and further disciplinary actions.
- Application is only available for once a year and there will not be new round of applications for student accommodation for 2020/21; students who wish to apply for any residential periods in 2020/21 (e.g. Spring Term 2021 only) or have unconfirmed plans yet shall consider submitting the application form within the announced application period.
- Applications are not on first-come-first-served basis; all applications received during the application period are processed together.
- Online system for applications and acceptance of housing offers shuts down sharply after deadline; any actions on submission of application / acceptance form could not be recorded by the system after the system shuts down even the student logged-in to the system before the deadline.
- Only application / acceptance forms successfully recorded in the online system will be considered and processed.
- Upon successful submission of application / acceptance form in the online system, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the email address(es) provided by the applicant; those who do not receive an acknowledgement email may consider submission of form NOT successful (e.g. late submission, etc.).